Skip to main content

Table 3 Simulated datasets used in this study

From: Comparison of mapping algorithms used in high-throughput sequencing: application to Ion Torrent data

Simulated data
Insertion rate Deletion rate Substitution rate Total error rate
0 0 0 0
0 0 0.5 0.5
0 0 1 1
0.5 1 0 1.5
0.5 1 0.5 2
0.5 1 1 2.5
1 2 0 3
1 2 0.5 3.5
1 2 1 4
  1. The datasets each contained 50,000 reads with varying indel, substitution and error rates. The indel rate varied from 0 to 3%, the substitution rate varied from 0 to 1%, and the total error rate varied from 0 to 4%.